With the success I’ve had with the open-source libraries I found for speech recognition and synthesis I’ve decided that that plan is outdated. With a little hacking I was able to glue two systems together with using Python and produce an extremely rudimentary ‘artificially intelligent’ in the manner of two days. This gives me quite a bit of hope.
These are posts from previous incarnations of my blog. They catalog old writing, (abandoned) projects, and else-wise content I have written in the past that others have found engaging or useful. You'll notice the sidebars reflect the content of the archival posts rather than my current blog; for current posts click on the logo above.